Health Equity Acceleration Team
- Serve as a resource for Alliance members who are willing to include disparity reduction as a core component of its day to day work in the individual impact and collective impact of their work.
- Evaluate progress of the health disparities periodically
- Serve as steering committee for the South Carolina Call to Action for Health Equity
- 2017 Meeting Times: To Be Announced
Call to Action for Health Equity in South Carolina
The Call to Action for Health Equity focuses on changing the way organizations see their role in helping diverse populations make healthy choices, access health and social services, and enjoy healthier physical and social environments. It is composed of four actions that will help our organizations understand obstacles to health improvement and how to work together to develop sustainable solutions for accelerating health improvement for everyone in South Carolina. It has four components:
- Data driven decision-making: Collect and use data to identify and guide decision making regarding the health equity challenges in South Carolina.
- Collect data to identify health equity challenges experienced by our employees and clients and use it to design and implement targeted interventions.
- Use secondary data to identify health equity challenges in the geographic areas of influence of our organizations and use it to design and implement targeted interventions.
- Cultural competence and responsiveness: Develop and maintain a culturally competent and responsive organizational culture for employees, clients and partners.
- Inclusive decision-making: Ensure our organizations are designed to guarantee inclusive decision making. This, through enhanced emphasis on the recruitment of highly qualified minorities for leadership positions, and the investment in filling the pipeline with diverse leaders for this and future generations.
- Community Engagement: Engage the community as partners in the design and delivery of sustainable health solutions.